Super Moist Chicken and The Veggies Cooked in the Herb Filled Diced Tomatoes Brought Back The Summer Garden
It has been a busy autumn getting the greenhouse in tip-top shape for year-round growing, putting the gardens to rest by dressing it to prepare for winter and finding the time to enjoying one of my favorite seasons when some of richest colors taking over the landscape. This maybe one of the busiest seasons if you grow year-round. When I came in contact with Hunts Signature Recipes I can’t tell you how excited I was about their simple creations that are easy to prepare and yet promise a meal that is just as good as the ones we enjoy when the garden is being harvested.
Today I’m sharing the chicken with Mediterranean vegetables dish you will find on the Hunt’s Signature Recipe Collection Website. This entree not only was easy to prepare it was the perfect family meal to prepare on a Monday night just before #gardenchat Twitter chat forum event when I have minimal time to figure out a healthy meal for my family. This was one of the first evening meals since summer that brought my teenage son running downstairs to ask when dinner would be served because it smells so good! The herbs in the Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary & Oregano filled the kitchen with memories from the summer herb garden. My calorie conscious teenage daughter actually came back to the skillet for a few more slices of the chicken when I shared that 1 serving is only 240 calories.
Hunt’s® Chicken with Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts = 1-1/4 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini and/or yellow squash
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary & Oregano, undrained
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on each side with garlic salt and pepper. Place in skillet; cook 6 minutes to brown, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Place zucchini and onion in skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in undrained tomatoes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Serve vegetable mixture over chicken.
Fresh From My Ohio Garden and Kitchen : Video Recipe Mediterranean Veggie Dish
Please visit the Hunt’s® Chicken with Mediterranean Vegetables webpage for the facts on nutrition. Be sure to leave a comment on this blog post to let me know if you tried this recipe and what your family thought of it. This blog post is my honest opinion but I legally must share that I’m a paid brand partner with Hunt’s. Follow more shares at #huntsrecipes