Cashew Chicken Casserole – Easy Autumn Meal
This is not your typical chicken and rice casserole. The ginger, garlic and wild rice combo is super easy to make and I promise it will leave your family wanting more. I used broccoli we grew this summer and had in the freezer but if you don’t grow your own you can use store bought.
Cashew Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb (cut into cubes) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small (chopped) onions
- 3 cloves(minced) garlic
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 12 oz of fresh (sliced) mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup salted cashews
- In a mixing bowl, add in all ingredients except the cashews mixing well.
- Pour mixture into a greased shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is not pink.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cashews.
- Sprinkle remaining cashews on top of casserole.
I can’t wait to hear about how you liked this recipe so be sure to comment!